Belizean sunrise

Friday 29 April 2011

San Salvador airport

I'm sitting in the Taca lounge at the san salvador airport drinking johnny walker. johnny must be a national hero here because it's all the scotch they have in the duty free shops. I stopped at 1 of the shops because they were giving away free samples. But I quickly learned there is a language barrier when I tried to talk with the lovely young ladies working in the shop. even when I got a lady that spoke some english it seems that my accent or something must be some kind of a barrier since we were not able to communicate very well. so I had to walk out without buying anything. the prices are pretty good but it's not worth the hassle hauling around the bottles.

For some strange reason I booked a 7 hour layover here in san salvador so what else is there to do but sit around and drink. at least it's nice to have a lounge for business class passengersh. They also have free sandwiches but they're like a mini croissant with a small chunk of turkey in them. it will take probably 6 or 7 of them to fill me up for lunch. with the johnny walker to wash them down I may be able to take a nap. well shit they ran out of the little croissants and they will not get any more food until 6

I enjoy flying with taca airlines because their business class service is not as expensive as most airlines and they have fairly new airplanes and facilities. taca airlines is a conglomerate of several central american airlines. they have excellent customer service and are evolving into quite the airlines for the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment