Belizean sunrise

Thursday 15 December 2011

Rain

I'm not complaining but I thought this was the 'dry' season. I guess weather is never predictable and every place in the world has its inconsistencies no matter what season it is. The past few days have actually been quite nice. 80ish. Partly cloudy most of the time and then a cloud comes across the peninsula and drops some light rain and then it's over.

Today looks to be a soaker. Light rain but has been steady most of the morning so far. No clearing in sight. Is this Indiana? Haaa. There is no wind again so the rain comes straight down. It just seems odd since I'm not used to it. In So Calif we usually have wind with the rain.

Without a car it's a bit boring. I can't ride my bike into town without getting soaked. Yes, I could wear rain jacket but there's really nothing I need to do. Guess I'll just hang out here on the screened in porch and watch the rain. It is peaceful and I love the sound of it hitting the metal carport roof.

Maybe take a nap. Didn't sleep well last night. The neighbor's dog is now chained up so he barks a lot. Barked constantly from 2-3am so I got up and yelled at him. Seemed to shut him up. I guess his owners don't hear him. Weird. I have my shutters closed and my noise machine on and I still hear it clearly. Guess it's my HSP hearing. I think my landlady might say something because she's noticed it too. She's known them for years so is like part of the family.

When it's so quiet at night the dogs hear everything. I could hear a dog in the distance howling for some reason and that just sets off the next one. The neighbor's dog nipped at someone so he has to be tied up. He can run on a line but he still barks at everything, and is not used to being restricted.

Oh well...and so it goes

No comments:

Post a Comment